IRELAND 2010

Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Letters from Singers: Names have been changed/ omitted to protect the innocent, silly, & crazy...



JULY 2

Todays events,
1. Almost eaten & killed by Mutant Seagulls.
2. Responded to Brianne when she “yooohoooed” us from down the St.
3. Happy not to see Ashton Kutcher
-P. Brawl.

______________________________________
Hey Mom, Dad!
Love you! I promised I would blog and well here I am! So far on our trip we have visited The Book of Kells, Malahide Castle, went shopping , and sang in Christchurch! Having fun and singing lots, but unfortunately I have a little bit of a sore throat, but I’m OK! Actually, more than OK. GREAT! FANTASTIC!
Love you lots!

______________________________________
Hey Mom & Dad!
Today we sang in Christchurch Cathedral. It was so big and had beautiful sculptures and stained glass windows. We also went to Malaheid Castle and it was really old and rustic. Then we went shopping on the streets of Dublin. I got something for you, Mom.
Yesterday we went to Kileheim Gael (jail) and saw a monument for Pope John Paul II. Plus we went and saw The Book of Kells. It was amazing! Oh and the plane ride was alright. I didn’t get airsick.
Tomorrow we are going to Belfast to sing for the mayor.
I wish you were here.
-Foliage


JULY 3
Dear Family,
Ireland is so beautiful! When we were driving to Belfast, there were scenes that took my breath away. I didn’t get many pictures, but I’ll be taking many pictures in Waterford. We sang in the City Hall of Belfast for the Lord Mayor and the sound was almost like magic. I’m having so much fun! I hope everything is great at home.

_________________________________

There, I miss you. Happy now?
P. Brawl

_________________________________
Greetings of good tidings, parents. As I suppose you have realized, I am in Ireland. WE SAW SHEEP! There are loads of them here. Also, we had tea with the Lord Mayor of Belfast. They gave us green lollipops. Oh, hello Leo. Have fun with Jerry Springer. I’ll write again soon.


JULY 4

Irealnd is beautiful. The people are very welcoming, and the countryside and and animal supply are fabulous, too much to handle. Cows, minipigs, sheeps (sic), and cowcats have been seen in just these four days. We’ve done 2 concerts, been to 3 cities got jetlagged, met wonderful people (in particular, our tour guide Robbie) and I have much to tell you when I get back! Miss you all (even you, Meggie-pie) Byebye!
Much (heart)

_____________________________________
Hi Mom and Dad!
Today we went to Waterford! There was a parade (really cool!) and I got to hear an Irish Celi (sic) band which made me really happy! We also went to Callan, the place Callan Castle on which Callanwolde was based. I miss you soooo much. Give the cats a scratch behind their ears for me!
Love,
Abs

_______________________________________
Hey mom, dad,
Happy 4th of July!! We sang the national anthem at our concert today, and we stopped at Callan Wall! Haha get it! Callan, wall. We’re now in Waterford. Hope you had a good time today.
Hey Mom and Dad! I miss yall sooo much. Ireland is so beautiful and so green lol :)! I am having such a good time except my eye is swollen probably from allergies. But there is so much to see. (Editor LOVED this pair of sentences!) I love you both! Write back.


JULY 5

Hi people who are reading this! I’m going to keep this short so if you want more information, read other people’s entries. I’m having a great time. I kissed the Blarney Stone today. My lips felt disgusting afterwards.
Love,
Iz
_________________________________________
Hi, Everyone!
I miss you! Today we went to Blarney and kissed the Blarney Stone. I was scared at first because you have to bend backwards on the top floor of the castle over iron bars, but there was a man there to make sure I was safe, so I kissed it! It was so much fun! Earlier we went to an immigration museum and learned about the Titanic and early immigration. I had a lot of fun today, and tell Sophie I miss her too!
Love,
M (&M)

_________________________________________

We’re having sooo much fun! Di’s my roommate! And everyone was watching Wipeout. I’m surprised that it was even on. Hmmm….It must be the luck of the Irish.
D & A

_________________________________________
Hi Mom & Dad,
How are you doing? Today I kissed the Blarney Stone and supposedly gained eloquence (I don’t think I did). How’s Laddie? I really miss him. Ireland is amazing.
Love ya bunches,
Foliage

_________________________________________
Yesss!!!!! I skipped rocks!!!!! Yes, Yes, Yes! YAY!!!!!!!
P. Brawl


JULY 6

Hi Mom and Dad,We had a great day today, even though it rained a lot. We performed at the Muckross House today. Did you know that Queen Victoria stayed there in 1860! It was pretty cool. I hope that you guys are safe. Tell Skittles I said hello! Send Myles my love! Please reply soon.
__________________________________
Hey!My camera broke!! But I got some disposable ones.Yesterday I kissed the Blarney Stone! Maybe now I’ll be better in Lit and WH! Oh and I got a pinecone wool sweater! But I’m out of money, can you please somehow get me more?

__________________________________

Hi!I am having so much fun! Today we were having horrible weather. Not to worry—it got much better once our bus driver Robbie started singing with us. How cool is that?! Anyway, having a wonderful time!

___________________________________

Hi Everyone!Today we went on a tour of the Ring of Kerry and stopped to watch sheep be herded by sheep dogs. It was very interesting to see the different calls and signals for the dogs. The tour was supposed to be “scenic” but it couldn’t be when rain was pouring down and the wind was pushing us backwards! Haha. There was pea-soup fog, too. We went to Muckross House for a tour and a little concert that went well. There was a stunning lake and horses to pet, so we had a great time! See you in a week!XOXO!

____________________________________
Hi You guys,How is the termite job? I bought a hoodie and I have a blister on my foot. I got to to see sheep & dogs. It was fun. I pushed Chocolate/Peanut Butter off the bed. We went to a 200 year old house today & I talked a cashier down 5 euros (for the hoodie).

_____________________________________


Hope you enjoyed our letters home! We have much more to come!


AYS 2010 Ireland Tour Team & Staff

3 comments:

  1. How did you lose all of your money? you can't possibly be as bad as money management as me....? (I honestly hope i have the right person here D:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Jellybean!!! Isn't Ireland a visual treat? Continue to have fun. Skitsman sends his love---we will see you on Monday!

    Love,
    Mommy, Daddy, Myles and Mr. Skittles

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Young Singers!
    I remember the tours I went on with YSC so long ago... sounds like they are still awesome! I'm proud of all of you-- you carry a long tradition well! Have fun and safe travels,
    Jeanne Ross Eichler
    (one of the Rosses-- YSC 1979-1982)

    ReplyDelete